Where are gradient map presets stored? And how can they be loaded once they have been created? I've made a number of presets. I've clicked the "Add preset" button and typed in a name. Something has happened (I guess). And poof. No more preset.

What am I missing?

From the What exactly do the Clear User Data options clear? topic, it appears custom gradients are stored in the fills.propcol file. The path to that file is a long one:

for AP:

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/user/fills.propcol

for AD:

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/user/fills.propcol

where ~ is your user Home folder.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

R C-R:

Thanks for the pointer. It seems that perhaps gradients are saved in the "Adjustments.propcol" file. When I looked in that directory after saving a gradient preset, the "fills.propcol" had not been modified (since July 2015). But the "Adjustments.propcol" had been modified at the time I saved the present. Looking in the files using a text editor, I found the name of the gradient preset in the "Adjustments.propcol" but not in the "fills.propcol."

Hi MEB,

Thanks a million. I was in the middle of replying to R C-R as you replied, so I missed it initially. Now I see it. Great. Thanks!

I want to add to my last comment:

This is great. I LOVE the way the adjustments panel works.

Thanks again MEB and Affinity for making a great product.

Hi dhayton,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can find your preset in the Adjustments panel (on the left of the Layer panel). Scroll down a little and click on the Adjustment name to expand it and access the presets.

I want to follow along on this topic but I got lost here MEB. Where is this found? And looking for saved gradient maps right?

MEB—

Thanks for that. I tried a range of key combinations along with click, but never the simpler "right click". Duh.

Is there any place where we can download presets of gradient maps for Affinity Photo?

Photoshop has loads of them and creating the all by ourselves would take a lot of time...

I'm interested in this as well. I know the post is over a year old, however, the gradient presets are severely lacking, and creating new ones is time consuming. 

3 hours ago, photogeek said:

I'm interested in this as well. I know the post is over a year old, however, the gradient presets are severely lacking, and creating new ones is time consuming. 

Not only that but if you spend time creating Gradient Map presets, it's not possible to import/export them either.  Therefore you can't share them for example and if you re-install the OS, buy a new computer, etc. you would have to create them all over again.

Instead of just more Gradient Map presets though, I think it would be better to allow Gradient Map adjustment layers to use gradients from the Swatches panel and then add more default gradients to the Swatches panel.  There was a feature request for this HERE.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Not only that but if you spend time creating Gradient Map presets, it's not possible to import/export them either.

You can add as many application palettes as you want, store gradients in them, & export/import those palettes.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

10 hours ago, R C-R said:

You can add as many application palettes as you want, store gradients in them, & export/import those palettes.

The problem is Gradient Map adjustment layers can't use gradients from the Swatches panel.  See my post HERE.