You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo doesn't recognize tagged color profiles

In my preferences (v. 1.4.1), I have UNchecked "convert opened files to working space". (Importing a 16-bit Beta RGB TIFF (doesn't matter what file type or from where) exported from DxO Optics Pro, I get automatically converted to sRGB. I also get the dialog pop-up telling me it converted to sRGB because the imported file is unprofiled.)

CORRECTION: If sRGB is imported into Affinity, I get the dialog popup telling me sRGB was automatically assigned because the file had no profile.

If Beta RGB, or other, is imported, for instance, no conversion takes place (I assume) and I'll be working in Beta RGB space. Correct?

Can you clear this up?

Thank you.

Edited by allfive

I have to do some more tests but I noticed a similar issue yesterday when exporting tiff files from DxO to AP.

There is a clear color change on the image once opened in AP.

The image looks similar to the one displayed in DxO if I open it in Apple Preview app for example.

OS X 10.12 - AP 1.6.6 - AD 1.6

Just did some other tests and I can confirm allusive result.

If I export my TIFF file from DxO choosing sRGB, AP doesn't recognize that profile and I have the popup dialog when I open the file. I can see sRGB profile associated with the file in Gimp or Preview though.

If I choose Adobe RGB when I export the file, it opens without the alert in AP and the colors are the same.

I'm fine with that because I'll probably work that way.

I can send you a TIFF/sRGB file in case you want to check.

OS X 10.12 - AP 1.6.6 - AD 1.6