Sign in to follow this  
Busenitz

Business Card

My son asked me (totally non-professional digital art design lover) to design a business card for him.  The logo we did years ago (on CorelDRAW / Windows)   Loving AD!!!

Any suggestions or criticisms welcome.  

thanks

post-80-0-39287900-1457396516_thumb.jpg

I am wondering if there is a way to make the logo look more embossed or branded into the wood?

Short answer, yes. But it may take a bit of work.

I made this background for my Mac way back in 2007 using only Photoshop (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachments/apple-wood-burn-jpg.132729/). For this, I made a custom Photoshop brush in the shape of the Apple logo and used the burn tool to get the burned in look. If I were to do it over, I'd probably just place the logo and make it a dark brown color and play with the blend modes and transparency until it looked close.

After I got the initial logo "burned" into the wood, I then used the burn tool around various parts to make it look more like it was actually branded into the wood. I don't recall if Designer has a burn tool in it (don't have it on my computer at work  :unsure:) but Photo should. Without having Designer in front of me, it is hard to say how I would tackle this. If no one else chimes in, I can give it a go when I get home this evening.