You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global margin settings are not working throughout entire document

I have created several documents in Affinity Publisher and one thing remains consistent in every single case. Margins and guide settings get inherited by the initial master page and not through new master pages or pages without a master applied. As far as I can tell, there is no way to fix this. This is extremely frustrating and adds an immense amount of work to create consistent looking pages. I am having to drag guides around these independent pages where the margins are supposed to be. Document setup shows the margins as set from every single page in the document and yet they will not display on these pages. I have to add additional guides for where I want the center of the page. Please tell me there is a way to fix this.

23 minutes ago, dehskins said:

Margins and guide settings get inherited by the initial master page and not through new master pages or pages without a master applied.

Margins are a Document wide setting, not for individual pages be they Master or Regular. When you say Guides do you mean the Column Guides? They are related to, and therefore controlled by the Margins.

Ruler Guides may vary from page to page again be they Master or Regular. They show up on Mac OS 11.7

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

The guides are not that important. It is the missing margins that has my work stalled. I set up my margins when I set up  my document. The are set. Affinity shows that they are set when I go to document setup. It is set for the entire document. The setting will not be reflected on any new pages not using the first master that I created unless I make a copy of the master. On the very rare occasion I can click on a page without the margins displayed and click on document setup and click enter and the margins will display. This response is extremely rare. Other pages will never display what is set globally in document setup. These settings are definitely not document wide.

The only ways I can get the Margins to not show are if I have Preview mode turned on or if I have Show Margins unchecked. Both in the View Menu.

1845927948_ScreenShot2023-06-02at1_21_11PM.png.2c984a12d04f31f69763e5c020227f0c.png

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

All I can think of is if the pages are different sizes. Not much I can do just guessing. If you could post a file with the problem then I or others may be able to figure it out.

The file is quite large. I can tell you that all my pages are the same size with no irregularities. The unresponsive global margins has been a problem before the upgrade. Any page using a master page is displaying the margins and all other pages not associated with a master do not display any margins. This very specific problem has been an issue long before the upgrade. I can't force global settings other than document size and bleed to reflect through all the pages.

I created a brand new document and of course it is responding as I suggested it does.

lets play find the margin.afpub