You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I frequently need to create fairly light coloured designs, and that is a royal pain* on a transparent or white background, especially if parts of what I do need transparency.

At present I draw a page-size box, colour it and lock it in the background (to stop it from being selected), but this feels a kludge - did I miss something?  Is there an alternative to "white" for a non-transparent background?

Is there a way in which I can set an alternative colour for the drawing background?  Even just changing the grey boxes in the white-and-grey boxes that represent a transparent background would be a help.  The idea is thus to define an alternative for what remains transparent in export.

Cheers, P

* presidential pain for nations without royalty :)

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Thanks for the reply.  

Oh well, workaround it is..

Originally I also had a question what the AD layer properties were for (in the layer ctrl-click menu), but I think I've just discovered it - it changes the object highlighting.  Can't find any reference to it in the menu, nor what other effects it may have.

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.