You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you Affinity Designer!

noor

I am not a professional artist or designer. I was just playing around with Affinity Designer one day, drawing some flowers and trees... and I got hooked! And now, I every time I see nice flowers or trees, I feel challenged and look forward to draw them.  I have a lot to learn about Affinity Designer and digital art drawing, but I am enjoying every moment of it.  So thank you so much! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you  :)

Spring time inspires me a lot. I am working on a cherry blossom tree, not quite finished yet. But I have done the flowers. I don't know why, I am a bit obsessed with this particular species, called Kanzan. Each flower could have more than 20 petals! I tried my best to illustrate it, and here it is:

post-28172-0-13472200-1459328531_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!  :D To be honest, I wasn't sure they are worth selling. As you know, I am new to this. Any ideas on how best to do it? Anyone?

The pods of the sunflower are just small brown circles and yellowish rectangles arranged together in spirals. I use the Gaussian Blur tool to make it look a bit more realistic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU  to  AFFINITY DESIGNER -  now i am using ready 1 week of this APP.

Now Working everything good, without crashes ! i :)  i am changing the USB Mouse !

I like the POWER DUPLICATION  and Magnetic Rotation point, before with PS i have  all the time Problems, with this Magnetic Tool  is more easy and faster to work !

Not anyone need any Function, but some people need all the time !

:rolleyes: Hope with the next Updates get some next new Function like a: HELIX or SPIRALS ? 

Thanks

JB

• 10 months later...

wow! absolutely stunning artwork...keep it up

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Thank you!  :D To be honest, I wasn't sure they are worth selling. As you know, I am new to this. Any ideas on how best to do it? Anyone?

The pods of the sunflower are just small brown circles and yellowish rectangles arranged together in spirals. I use the Gaussian Blur tool to make it look a bit more realistic. :)

Visited your site. Many good works. You may not be working by commission, but you are certainly a gifted amateur. You have a clear talent, and the pictures do justice to the beauty of the plants.

As far as selling goes, it will depend a lot on where you are, or if you can manage to ship items which are purchased on the web.

Art sales galleries in the city I live in are almost non-existent. Those that appear sometimes are only in business a few months. There are a few groups of artists who share studio space, and once or twice a year they will mount exhibitions. There are art fair, but few artists make much if any money participating.

Bigger cities tend to have more galleries, but the competition for space is still intense. Typically a gallery might host 30 shows a year, but have 500 applications for representation. 

There are also art fairs, but typically the booth rentals are high enough that if you can't sell $1000/day, you won't break even. 

Cities that get lots of tourist travel tend to have good sales opportunities, particularly if there are seasonal peaks in visits.

I've spoken w. several people who have made more money selling thru websites. The down side is that they have to be able to ship works quickly and cheaply. That limits what they can offer.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Very beautiful work, Noor. I would love to see a tutorial on your drawing style.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Great work, noor! I especially like the cherry blossoms.

For sales: have you considered FAA? It's a print-on-demand website: you upload your work (can be photos, paintings or illustrations), set your prices and they take care of printing, shipping etc. I use it for photography but am considering using it for designs/illustrations also, as I continue to learn how to use AD. You have to do all your marketing but at-least you don't have to worry about the logistics of printing etc.

Here's FAA's website: https://fineartamerica.com/

• 3 weeks later...