You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Multiple Bugs and Crashes on export in Publisher 2.1

I work on magazines (print, 116 pages and more) with many linked pdf (transfer mode), tiff... Most of these sources came from outside so I cannot edit these files because of font restrictions.

First I had some time unspecific crashes with version 2.0 but in 2.1 there are many more:

1. PDF Export page range

Changing the output page range, the first input disappear and I have to enter pages again. Only then will be accepted.

2. PDF Export Unspecific Crashes

Some exports on "PDF small file size" happens a complete crash of publisher. The behaviour isn´t reproducible. Same properties exports a correct pdf, next time it crashes the program. Then I can only close publisher immediately via the OS task manager. It's really annoying to start again and again.

3. Linked Files with changed colors

Sometimes a correct placed pdf changes colors suddenly and unexpected after a long time with correct color. A reload/replacing with same file changes to the correct color output. Important: The false color informations are also in a exported pdf.

MAC OS Ventura 13.3.1(a)

MAC Studio - M1 Ultra

Publisher 2.1.0

Hi @IllusionStudio,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Publisher crashing, that is really frustrating.

Do you have a sample Publisher document together with associated pdf files where this is happening that you could upload so we can take a look at what might be going on.

I've experienced similar issues with placed pdf files both displaying incorrect colours and freezing (rather than crashing) Publisher that result in having to force quit Publisher and start again.

If you'd prefer not to share your files directly in the forum you can request a Private Dropbox link from the team at Serif by replying to this post and then upload your files so the Serif team can take a look and report back regarding any issues.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Hi @IllusionStudio,

Thanks for confirming that Publisher is freezing in certain instances when placing a pdf file... This particular freezing and wrongly displayed colour issue I reported here and it has been logged as a bug...

but one of the moderators will have been assigned your report and will provide a private Dropbox link for you to upload your files so the team can take a closer look.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse