You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It seems no matter what I do to manipulate a brush shape with the pen tool, the line created comes out the same with either square or rounded ends according to the cap I choose.  

I want to make calligraphy like lines with tapered ends, as the brush shows it would in the brush selector, but I can't figure out how to make that happen. 

Suggestions?

iMac 21.5" Mid 2011

2.5 GHz i5

Let's start with this tutorial from Affinity, and see where we go from there.

Hi, I've been meaning to ask this for some time...

This way to share videos makes them almost impossible to view. They are very small and they don't open in full screen.

I have to "open" the post by pressing "Quote" and copy the link. Then I have to paste the link in my browser.

Is there any other way to do this, -so the videos can play full screen, or so they are embedded and when you click on them, you are taken to Vimeo?

Just a humble wish. ;)

(It's the same both in Safari and Chrome)

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Madame, it took me a while to figure this out but in Safari you can right-click on the video & select "Open Frame in new tab" (or in new window). I haven't checked with Chrome but it probably has a similar option.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi, I've been meaning to ask this for some time...

This way to share videos makes them almost impossible to view. They are very small and they don't open in full screen.

I have to "open" the post by pressing "Quote" and copy the link. Then I have to paste the link in my browser.

Is there any other way to do this, -so the videos can play full screen, or so they are embedded and when you click on them, you are taken to Vimeo?

Just a humble wish. ;)

(It's the same both in Safari and Chrome)

At least a workaround…

Madame, it took me a while to figure this out but in Safari you can right-click on the video & select "Open Frame in new tab" (or in new window). I haven't checked with Chrome but it probably has a similar option.

Yes, I managed that in Safari, thanks for the tips! -But not in Chrome (which I prefer).

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I just checked with Chrome & as Madame said, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for Safari's open frame options:

post-3524-0-71952600-1457351505_thumb.png

But at least it works in Safari.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 months later...

What I learned from that video is how to say bezier... beyond that, it didn't come close to answering my question. 

What I'm asking is the shape of the brush, be that pen or vector brush what have you. 

In brush properties, it shows a nice line with a tapered end to it.  What gets drawn is either a round end, or a square end, nothing else.  

I can manipulate the pressure, velocity, curve, everything else, to no effect on the actual line that gets drawn.  

Anyone have an answer to that?

iMac 21.5" Mid 2011

2.5 GHz i5

If you click on the pressure tab, (in the "stroke window") you can add nodes, and alter the lines to your liking.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Yes, I managed that in Safari, thanks for the tips! -But not in Chrome (which I prefer).

I don't have Chrome here, but in a Chromium browser such as Vivaldi I can right-click on the video and choose 'View frame source'. That opens a new browser tab where I see

view-source:https://player.vimeo.com/video/107567054

in the address bar, and a clickable link to

near the top of the source code. Clicking the link takes me to the Vimeo page for the specified video, and removing the 'view-source:' from the address bar gives me an embedded player (filling the browser window).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi AmpedAndy,

Madame is right, but in order to see an effect by changing the pressure profile in Pencil or Vector Brush mode, you will have to do two different things:

• Make the brush sensitive to pressure changes. This is done on the brush settings panel by adjusting size variance parameter (A.).
  • Adjust the pressure profile, as described by Madame, either on the context toolbar or on the stroke panel (B.).

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

post-1198-0-41985600-1462717272_thumb.png