You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need to create a very precise pressure profile. Is it possible to enlarge the pressure profile tab so that I can have make finer adjustments of the nodes on the graph?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

I can't find any way to do that.

Would it help to make the line thicker when you alter the pressure and set it back to the width you want afterwards?

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I'm trying to use the pressure tab to make 'A' look like 'B'. When you look at how close the nodes are on the pressure tab graph you can see what I mean.

Pressure tab.afdesign

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Hi Jackamus,

I don't find it for vectors, but for brushes:

Click on the "brush tool" or press "B".

The context menu bar appears. Click on "more".

The brush setting window appears. Click on "dynamics". On the right of each parameter, you find a drop down menu, where you can choose "pressure".

And nearby, you find the curves symbol.

There you can choose the sensibility of the pressure.

Perhaps it may help, when you make this shape as a selection to protect the outer edge, you can brush with a calm hand the inner stroke...

Ciao Jack 

P.S.: Oh, sorry. You use AD....., my mistake

Affinity Jack

Video-Tutorials on YouTube in German with English Subtitles

Link to my YouTube-Channel: AFFINITY JACK

Author in the team of www.affinitytutorials.de, the website all about Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer

I'm going to assume this is only meant for the use of the pressure tab for the stroke of an object, and not just getting the similar shapes. 

So I'm thinking one of the main issues seems to be the location of the start and end points of the stroke.  When I converted the oval into a curve, I then shaped it into more like a circle and rotated it so the start and end points were more like 30 degrees to the left of top marker.  

I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but it seemed to offer some promise.  

post-12258-0-59802500-1457176962_thumb.png

And it might be something you may want to consider in your resolution of this problem with the pressure tab for the stroke. 

Of course this is only my opinion, and I am definitely no expert on the matter. I didn't try to change any other parameters like the end cap of the stroke. And only spent a few minutes on it, so any progress could just as well be an illusion too.

Good Luck.

And as a side note, before I realized you probably only meant to test the pressure tab function for the stroke.  I had gotten good results using the paste inside method, as would be expected, but also got a good result using the inner shadow FX, although I could only get the shadow to go grey.

post-12258-0-40597500-1457177423_thumb.png

OK. Having set the pressure in the way you describe, how do you apply it to a stroke?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

I'm trying to use the pressure tab to make 'A' look like 'B'. When you look at how close the nodes are on the pressure tab graph you can see what I mean.

I am assuming you mean you want B (the ellipse with no stroke width variation) to look like A (the one with 8 points its the pressure profile).

You can do that easily by selecting A, opening its pressure profile, & clicking the "Save Profile" button in the profile popup. Then select B, open its profile, & click on the preset you just saved. You will still need to apply the stroke width & align properties of A to B but you can do that very quickly by copying A (cmd+c) & then using 'Paste Style' (cmd+shift+v) on B.

This will make the two ellipses identical, & you don't need to convert anything to curves or worry about start & end points.

The crescent shaped curve in you file isn't needed for this, so unless you need it for something else, you could just delete it.

All that said, the simplest approach would be to just copy the ellipse with the stroke shape you want & paste it at the other ellipse's location (using snapping if exact placement is important) & then deleting the now superfluous one.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7