You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Sync preset to EXIF info

Please let me stress that I love Affinity Photo and appreciate the hard work you are putting into it.

I have one suggestion to make AP even better.  ;) When developing RAW images in the Develop Persona, a lot of presets heavily depend on the camera you shot the images with and on other circumstances like ISO value, aperture, zoom level etc.. One example would be that heavy noise reduction doesn't make a lot of sense for ISO 80 but it really does for ISO 6400. My feature request is this: please introduce a function to make presets sync to EXIF data. What I mean by this is this:

• When creating a preset on any of the tabs in the Develop Persona, add an option called "Sync to EXIF" in the preset creation dialogue.
  • This should allow you to select one or more EXIF keys to sync to. This will basically create a "sync rule". You can have more than one "sync rule". All sync rules should be logically connected with "and" (e. g. "camera model is x AND ISO is greater than y AND shutter speed is lower than z").
  • Whenever a ruleset matches, the according preset is selected.

Let me give you an example:

• I created a preset that looks really nice with my Sony DSC-RX100M3.
  • When I created that preset, I used the wonderful new "Sync to EXIF" option and created a sync rule to always apply the preset when the EXIF key "tiff:model" matches "Sony DSC-RX100M3".
  • From now on, whenever I process a RAW image by my RX100M3, the preset is automatically applied when loading the Develop Persona. Any other preset can be selected manually afterwards if the user wishes.

Another example:

• On the "Details" tab of the Develop Persona I created a preset that has two sync rules:
    • "tiff:model" matches "Sony DSC-RX100M3" AND
    • "exif:ISOSpeedRating" is greater than or equal to "3200".
  • In this preset, quite a heavy noise reduction is applied to the image.
  • From now on, whenever I process a RAW image by my RX100M3 and the ISO is >= 3200, this preset is automatically applied when the Develop Persona is opened.

If creating rulesets is a little too much, please at least offer an option called "Match camera model" which applies presets if the camera is of a certain type (using "tiff:model").

Does this make sense?