You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy color value (HEX or RGB) to clipboard?

Is there a way to copy a color value of an object to the clipboard for pasting in an CSS file, for example? I need to apply various RGBA values (RGB with alpha/transparency) and am tired of manually typing them for every object.

OK, I just found the dropdown in the color panel where you can copy the currently selected color value as HEX. That might be useful sometimes but doesn’t help me in this case. Firstly, I need RGB(A), and secondly the color is applied as color overlay effect, not as standard background color. So, I wish I could just open any color panel and there would be a similar menu as in the color panel to copy a value in different variants.

• 2 years later...

I would love a feature that would allow you to copy not just the hex, but the cmyk, rgb or other color value to the clip board or let you export them as a simple text file. Bonus points for allowing you copy export other css values (ex. svg, css value to make a circle or logo).

Cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, WhiteX said:

Any chance to set a Keyboard Shortcut for this option (Copye color as hex)?

1 hour ago, mink said:

Hi to Affinity Admins

Any chance to set the shortcut? No reply so far here ;(

Thx in advance.

You need to post requests in the appropriate forum.. Feature Requests and Suggestions, which is where the Devs look for them, not in the questions or bugs forums.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD