You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For a complete great publishing tool

Hi There!

Congratulations for making one of the greatest graphic design software in the market.

Recently i had the pleasure to discover the clever way you implemented art boards on affinity designer. Combined with the export and grid capabilities of the software it makes the app a great publishing tool.

A few things are missing though to make it a fully pleasant tool to work with.

I saw text styles are on the road map. I would add the ability to link text frames so a text imported in a frame can overflow to another chosen frame.

When dealing with large amounts of text across multiple columns, these could really change one's life.

THx for paying attention,

k.

post-10319-0-30613000-1457101872_thumb.jpg

Hi MEB,

Thank you for your reply.:)

I might wait for Affinity publisher to be released then. ;)

I kind of felt Affinity Designer maybe wasn't the place you would decide to place such features. I hope it will be though. To tell you the whole truth, considering the humble (but intensive ;)) use i make of indesign, AFDesigner might be a lot more than a substitute for me.

The way you implemented the art boards is really bright and appears to be a great new feeling of working with multiple pages documents.

Make the ability for a grid to be set document wide, the ability to link text frames and create text styles (ok, maybe a few other stuff) and i won't need indesign anymore, I probably won't need AFPublisher either...

I'm exaggerating a bit but if i do feel the need for Affinity Photo to exist, i'm not sure I feel the same about Affinity publisher.

Adobe made Indesign because composing even a 4 pages document on Illustrator is a computer-aided suicide. We can't really say that about AFDesigner, even though it wasn't meant to be a publishing software and is far from perfect, it does cut it.

Maybe you should give your own software a try  :P

Cheers,

and thanks, again. I'm grateful for your work.

k.