You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everybody,

congratulations for your awesome software. I love it and I expect great things from it in the future.

I hope you'll add the possibility to change the rulers origins (point 0) and to manage more pages but one thing I miss most is the shape fusion (see attachment).

Will you implement it?

Thank you and congrats again.

My best.

Simone

post-1541-0-60169700-1412937790_thumb.jpg

• Staff

gnacca,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

That's usually called a Blend Tool and was requested some times already. I'm not 100% certain if it's being considered for inclusion or not at this point. For more info about new features, you can check the official feature roadmap posted by TonyB.

The closest feature available in Affinity Design right now is the Power Duplicate function. Check this reply here for a quick explanation on how it works.

I, for one, second the motion of allowing the origin to be user reset by simply dragging a set of crosshairs from the intersection of the two rulers and releasing it at your predetermined point. You know the drill. Especially helpful for detailed architectural or machine type drawings and templates.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

Is there a crop, merge or punch tool for AD like those in the extras menu in Freehand MX?

Will AD do multiple pages like Freehand, if so that would be great, to replace Freehand as it won't run on the latest Mac OS's?

• Staff

Hi CMDA,

Not at the moment. Some of these were requested a couple of times already by other users and are being considered.

Multiple pages is another common request, and should be coming at some point (it's certain as a Publisher feature) but i can't give you any definite date.

Meanwhile you may want to check the feature roadmap for Affinity Designer. It will give you an idea of what's coming...

OK thank you for the quick feedback, we really hope you do add these features in, as we use them a lot. Currently we have to keep a Mac in 10.6.8 just keep Freehand operational, as we have 21 years of FH files. We know other designers who do the same, but the new machines cannot run that version of the OS so eventually it will die, which is what Adobe want I guess, having bought it to kill it. 

We would also love it if you can do a direct import of FH files into AD (which would require multiple pages). I noted that other people have also requested that as well.

Am delighted your developing this program and like what you have done so far, it is so great to have real competitor to the Adobe monoply, that dominates our industry!

• Staff

CMDA,

You can already open Freehand files in AD. Make sure they have extensions (.fh10 or .fh11).

.fh9 files are also being improved to support text properly, so you should be able to work with them soon.

Multiple pages are on Affinity Designer's roadmap and will eventually add multiple pages/artboards support to Freehand import.

• 3 weeks later...