You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys...quick question for those with experience with text on a path.

I am familiar with how to place text on a path but I don't know how to adjust the starting point of the text.  In the past, I have done text on a path in a circle for a couple logos and if it started in an odd location, I would just rotate the text until it was correct.  Now I am placing text on a path but not in a circle and I can't figure out how to adjust the starting point.  If I rotate the text like I did with a circle it no longer follows the shape.

Thanks in advance!

Chad

nice self-explaining prophecy.

I have played around with paragraph tools, right/left/center text justification, spacing, etc.  I just tried one last time and noticed the small orange triangle and tried to drag it around and it worked.  Figures that Affinity would have a great, common sense solution.  Unfortunately, so many of us have been brainwashed with non sensical methods over the years so the solution right in front of our face doesn't jump out at us...at least for me.

If you use Layer > Convert to Text Path, you may find the handles' default position does not need further adjusting. It's designed to be useful, for example splitting circles into top-half and bottom-half. If instead you click on the curve with the Art tool, the text should start where you first clicked.

If you use Layer > Convert to Text Path, you may find the handles' default position does not need further adjusting. It's designed to be useful, for example splitting circles into top-half and bottom-half. If instead you click on the curve with the Art tool, the text should start where you first clicked.

Thank you!  I will give this a shot as well!  

This is why Affinity is the best...not just an awesome and powerful program but an equally awesome community.  

Thanks again!

Chad