You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

QR-Code in Affinity Designer

I agree with mdb, QR generators go round by the dozen, in PDF and EPS without costs. I like the KISS principle of both Designer and Photo, so I hope they are not into this "We-Are-The-Photoshop-Monster-And-Can-Do-Anything-We-Want" mode. Who wants video editing in a pixel software?

• 2 years later...

I think it is now a design element that has to be catered for. I lose count of how often someone wants a QR on a flyer or calling card,

Much rather do this in Designer than to have to go online and generate a raster QR download it and check it on my phone, then import it into my document.

Both Corel Draw and InDesign let you combine with a small (less than 30%) logo and other features such as rounded blocks and joined blocks.

Bar code, too.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

46 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Bar code, too.

UPC, EAN, POSTNET, Code 39? Where should one draw the line, if you’ll excuse the pun??

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 minutes ago, Eℓƒяє∂ said:

UPC, EAN, POSTNET, Code 39? Where should one draw the line, if you’ll excuse the pun??

I'll try, but no promisses. :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 6 months later...

goqr.me has a free api for developers to generate QR Code on their applications... can this be implemented on Affinity Publisher or Designer, either way is good with me. With Affinity Publisher I just open Publisher, and I can switch to Designer persona to generate the QR Code.

1 hour ago, Raphie said:

goqr.me has a free api for developers to generate QR Code on their applications... can this be implemented on Affinity Publisher ...

For goqr.me it could be done and reused in a similar manner like the Stock image panel request.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 4 years later...
  • Staff

Hi All,

I'm pleased to let you know we have now added the ability to add QR codes as Affinity Shapes and is available now in the 2.5 beta...

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2