You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't quit Publisher after working on a book

I have created a book comprising two chapters. When I try to quit the program after working on the book, Publisher will not quit. I keep get a message asking me to save the book, no matter whether I click Yes or No, the program stays open. I have to Force Quit Publisher.

Book and constituent files attached.

Eating Well for Menopause.afbook EWFM Front.afpub EWFM Core Final Draft Ver 4..afpub

Hi, you might want to try the 2.1 beta, or if you're shy of doing that, just wait for 2.1 which I think is just around the corner. Some important issues with Books have been fixed in the beta and I think your issue is already fixed. Some of the issues fixed are:

• Opening and closing chapters in a book can leave the files locked and read only [Publisher] AFB-6837
  • Opening a Book Chapter and closing without making changes stops book from being able to save, or close. [Publisher] AFB-7193
  • Books Chapter Status can get out of sync [Publisher]
  • Attached documents cause app to crash when added as a Book Chapter
  • Hang printing a book
  • Book created in an earlier version has begun to display 'locked by another app' dialog or cause app to stop responding [AFB-7544] 
  • Saving changes to a book chapter may cause the app to become unresponsive 
  • Attached documents cause app to crash when added as a Book Chapter [AFB-7490]

And a lot more. Check out this thread and search for the word "book" to find all the bug fixes coming in 2.1.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)