You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm in develop mode, and units are changed to inches, from default pixel

I'm in develop mode, and units are changed to inches, from default pixel.  I click on crop tool, and immediately, inches changes to pixels.  

I really really want inches for cropping.   As I stated earlier, I think is terms of 'inches', for cropping.

Man oh man.  Is this frustrating ! ! ! 

David

On the dropdown menu can you choose the 4" by 6" alternative?

Then you can type in the dimension you want. Or isn't  that working for you?

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I think a lot of users would like to see the Units item in the crop tool context menu bar 'live' regardless of the Mode. Even for the ratio presets, this would be useful for changing the ruler unit display for visualization purposes.

It would also be nice if the default unit for the tool was the same as the current document's units setting instead of always defaulting to pixels.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Madame,  On the dropdown menu can you choose the 4" by 6" alternative?

No.   Does not even show inches.  Stays pixels.

I think a lot of users would like to see the Units item in the crop tool context menu bar 'live' regardless of the Mode. Even for the ratio presets, this would be useful for changing the ruler unit display for visualization purposes.

It would also be nice if the default unit for the tool was the same as the current document's units setting instead of always defaulting to pixels.

I agree

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, David4 said:

Madame,  On the dropdown menu can you choose the 4" by 6" alternative?

No.   Does not even show inches.  Stays pixels.

For me, it is just like as shown in Madame's latest post -- selecting any preset that uses inches switches the Units in the context toolbar to inches. However, the document window ruler (if visible) does not change.

David, your "Like This" link doesn't work. It is https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=reputation&do=add_rating&app_rate=forums&type=pid&type_id=85774&rating=1&secure_key=178ccee85bec21981e1f914f943cde35&post_return=85774. I have no idea where you got that from, but it produces a permissions error.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7