You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 5 months later...

The help section in Affinity Photo has a section explaining how to install plugins. If you go to Help > Affinity Photo Help and search for plugins you will find more information :)

... Ya, right .... and can you tell me where? ... as far as I can see, there is nothing how to install Photoshop plugins.

... Ya, right .... and can you tell me where? ... as far as I can see, there is nothing how to install Photoshop plugins.

1. Open Affinity Photo

2. From the Help menu, select the first item, "Affinity Photo Help."

3. After the help window opens & stabilizes (you see the Affinity logo in the window), type "plugins" in the search field in the top right corner of the window.

4. Press return.

5. Wait for the help topics to appear, then click on the first item shown, "Using Plugins."

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1. Open Affinity Photo

2. From the Help menu, select the first item, "Affinity Photo Help."

3. After the help window opens & stabilizes (you see the Affinity logo in the window), type "plugins" in the search field in the top right corner of the window.

4. Press return.

5. Wait for the help topics to appear, then click on the first item shown, "Using Plugins."

Thank you for the reply. What seems to look difficult turn out as easy task, however, the problem is that plugins listed here : http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/

... simply don't work! ... at least good 90% of them ...

This otherwise great application AffinityPhoto is one big frustration. It looks not just to me, that this app AffinityPhoto has still long way to go ...

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi John,

Do the following: press shift + cmd + 4 - the mouse cursor will change to a crosshair -, then press Space place and place the camera cursor over the Preferences dialog and click on it. A screenshot of that dialog will be placed on your desktop. To upload it to the forums see this video.

• Staff

Ok. Thanks. You have to set this up otherwise the plug-ins won't work.

Do the following:

- on the right side on top (Plugin Search Folders) click Add and point to the Photoshop CS3 plug-ins folder. It's located inside the Applications folder, then Adobe Photoshop CS3, and finally Plug-ins.

- on the right on bottom (Plugin Support Folders) click the Authorise Global button the Authorise again from the dialog that will open.

- click close and restart Affinity

To access the plug-ins go to menu Filters ▸ Plugins and select the one you want to use.

This is how it should look (see screenshot below). Instead of the Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 path you see on my screenshot you should have Adobe Photoshop CS3 instead. Other than this the rest should look the same.

post-59-0-45841800-1475529205_thumb.png

Let me know if you still have trouble.

• Staff

Those seem the default Photoshop plug-ins that come with Adobe Photoshop. You can't run them inside Affinity Photo, only (some) third-party plug-ins are supported.

Here's a list I've been compiling. Click on the plug-in's name for details (Photoshop plug-in support is still being worked on so not all of them work. Version 1.5 Beta supports a few more).