You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

choose Lanczos 3 (non-separable), and exported image file IS 16 bit

Hello All.   I will try and keep this simple.   In, file > export > tiff  >  Just below where it reads in pixels  (THAT IS WHAT I MUST HAVE IN INCHES) there are presets, and the preset I choose is tiff RGB 16-bit.  At Resample, I choose Lanczos 3 (non-separable).   So, all is well.  Preset is now vacant.  And exported image file is 16 bit.

It seems if I choose the preset of tiff RGB 8-bit, the exported image file is 8 bit, even though I choose Lanczos 3 (non-separable).

I have not tried the other presets to see if they stay or change when using Lanczos 3 (non-separable).

This has nothing to to with my image file editing space, ProPhoto RGB.

David

Hi David,

I am not sure about the exact meaning of your question. Please remember, that you can choose the resampling algorithm (Lanczos 3, for instance) independently of the bit depth of the target file format or of any other export option. Just click the “More …” button at the bottom of the export dialogue and have a look at the options that are available on the panel that will show up. Play around with different settings, and you will immediately see, what I mean.

Furthermore, you must have in mind, that the “Preset” menu controls the whole set of export options, not just a single one. Therefore it does make sense that the menu gets blank when you select a different resampling algorithm. This is a deviation from the stored preset.

Hope that makes sense …  :)

Alex

David, if you regularly export using Tiff RGB 16 bit with the Lanczos 3 (non-separable) resampling method, you might find it useful to create a custom preset for that. You do that by setting everything up the way you want it in the "More" panel & then click on the Manage Presets button at the bottom. Choose Add Preset from the popup, name the preset, & it will appear in the preset list the next time you open the export menu.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7