You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[APh] Add My Own Stock Provider

Thank you for answer.

Can you inform me about roadmap and possibility to create this functionality.

I think this is nothing hard to create. Only one file (xml, json, etc.) which will be parsed to Affinity photo.

Regards.

• 4 months later...

Hi, and sorry for my English. I am a new user and I can´t find how to integrate that 3 sites (shutter, deposit and 500px) into the program. What is the functionality? Thanks in advance. Alberto.

. What is the funcioI can not find how to integrate these sites into the program

I can not find how to integrate these sites into the program

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi, and sorry for my English. I am a new user and I can´t find how to integrate that 3 sites (shutter, deposit and 500px) into the program. What is the functionality? Thanks in advance. Alberto.

. What is the funcioI can not find how to integrate these sites into the program

Welcome to the forums Albertovk :) You can enable the Stock Panel in Affinity Photo by going to View > Studio > Stock.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I've just bought the new Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows, great job guys!

However, I have some question regarding the stock photo panel:

1. I can only see Shutterstock as a source provider. There's no 500px or Depositphotos. How can I add them?

2. What is the preview size of the previews photos, they seem very small when I drag them on the canvas.

3. Scrolling down in the panel after a search, you only get a few images, how do you get to see more results?

3. Do you plan to add more providers in the future?

4. Why is there no stock panel in Designer, as a UX/UI designer I use stock photos, too in my layouts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Kaze,

1. It's not currently possible to manually add other Stock providers, sorry - it could happen in the future.

2. You can't change the size of the preview thumbnail in the Stock Panel but your can resize the images when placed on the canvas using the move tool.

3. It seems to be limited to the first 64 images. It's not currently possible to change this.

4. Not sure but a few users have requested this in the Feature Request section so you never know ;)

5. Feel free to ask for this to be added to Designer by creating a thread in the Feature Request section.

• 1 month later...

I saw there three Stock photo operators: Shutterstock, Depositphotos, 500px.

I can only see Shutterstock as a source provider. There's no 500px or Depositphotos. How can I add them?

It's not currently possible to manually add other Stock providers, sorry

Understood, but why is Shutterstock the only one available now? What happened to the other two?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...

On the issue of the Stock studio palette in Affinity Photo –

Yes, it'd be great to be able to add other vendors/sources for stock searches!

Yes, it'd be a great palette to have in Affinity Designer too!

Yes, it'd be great to have the option to return more than 50 results as I find often what I settle on is not in the top 50 returned searches, if I go to the stock provider's website.

All terrific ideas that would make this a truly useful and powerful Studio palette.

Cheers – Timber

• 1 year later...

Hey folks,

Sooo … what are the plans here? Can we get an update on this topic after more than twelve months?

I'd be great to add more picture agencies, maybe some creative commons like Unsplash as well.
Maybe the community can edit the list itself at some point? <- That would actually be awesome.
Or alternatively we could express wishes as to which agencies should be available for selection.

Btw. it's a bummer the publicly viewable roadmap has been reduced to a few items - so much so that many open questions or
requested/required features are missing from the list. If I understand correctly it was last updated before version 1.6.

Regards
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

Asked the same similar function in another thread ... i'm just happy to see that it's picking up.
We shoudl be able to add our own subscriptions like pixabay etc or even other paid stock sites, i've tried the one proposed in ADesigner and they work very well and make it kind of fun.
Serif Team should consider to make it possible for us to also register to those stocks sites as we all don't know them, we should be able throught an assistant to register and even pay (secure payment) and even buy or register Affinity from themselves because sometimes i personaly am lazy enough to open another page/tab on my web browser to do so ... :D

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

2 hours ago, MrDoodlezz said:

Btw. it's a bummer the publicly viewable roadmap has been reduced to a few items - so much so that many open questions or requested/required features are missing from the list. If I understand correctly it was last updated before version 1.6.

Since we’re fast approaching version 1.7, it’s inevitable that the 1.x roadmap is going to shrink from now on. At this late stage in the development cycle, it’s reasonable to expect that any new additions will be on a 2.x roadmap that we can’t see.

Alfred spacer.png

I have suspicion that the development team is doing that in purpose.

Otherwise you cannot explain this behavior.

I am myself programmer and put providers to external file is not problem at all. 

Next thing, this thread is very old.

Conclusion:

1. Development team is not caring about clients or

2. they have other reason to do it (some special agreement) or

3. "fill what you want here"...

Seems good times of this software are over.

3 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Since we’re fast approaching version 1.7, it’s inevitable that the 1.x roadmap is going to shrink from now on. At this late stage in the development cycle, it’s reasonable to expect that any new additions will be on a 2.x roadmap that we can’t see.

I've already figured that out. Though, a new version is not really a reason to shrink the roadmap and therefore withhold information on existing inquiries that were already requested in previous versions more than a year ago. And that's quite a lot by now.

My point is that it would be more efficient to comment on community requested features as concretely as possible and provide their status if they are already in development or not. Without accurate feedback, the invitation for inquiries (as promoted in every video) makes no sense.

Otherwise the same feature requests will appear in the forum time and again (just like it happened to me the last time ) because maybe not everyone uses the right keywords or the option to tag to the full extent. Thus many requests are lost in the crowd.

With a more transparent, fixed and up-to-date roadmap/thread (just as it was originally thought) the effort for requests and features on both sides – the community and the developer – would be reduced.

But … that's not really what this thread is about anyway, thanks for your insight anyway.

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

I could well be wrong, but I suspect that the only stock providers to appear in the "Stock" tab will be ones Serif have done a "deal" with!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

2 minutes ago, MrDoodlezz said:

a new version is not really a reason to shrink the roadmap

I respectfully disagree, Dennis. The 1.x roadmap lists planned additions during the 1.x development cycle. Until recently, new items were added to the roadmap when implemented features were removed from it (in line with the ‘list will never get longer’ policy) but if it’s no longer possible for the developers to commit themselves to adding further new features in a version 1.x update then it stands to reason that the list will shrink from now on as the newly implemented features drop off.

Alfred spacer.png