You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

System Palettes Colors and Color Profile Problems in Affinity V2

In V1 I created a system palette for my most important client corporate colors in CMYK. When I created a new document in CMYK would go the system color palette, pick the color and had the correct CMYK values in my document.

In V2 I experience a weird color shift, making the whole color palette nearly unusable. Whenever I chose a color, most of the values are wrong. Let's say I have saved a CMYK color with C50 M90 Y10 K0. When I use it in a new document it changes to C78 M97 Y0 B0 which creates drastically different color. When I reedit the saved color in the system palette, it works for some time, but the whole thing is far from reliable.

Also there is a problem with color profiles. When I chose CMYK/8 and my profile ISO coated V2 for example, I want to chose "assign" to keep my exact color values. But when I click "ok" to leave the document settings and go back to them later, it is switched back to "convert", so no chance to chose "assign".  Maybe the relates to my initial problem?

Has someone else experienced this?

2 hours ago, JimboJones said:

Also there is a problem with color profiles. When I chose CMYK/8 and my profile ISO coated V2 for example, I want to chose "assign" to keep my exact color values. But when I click "ok" to leave the document settings and go back to them later, it is switched back to "convert", so no chance to chose "assign".  Maybe the relates to my initial problem?

It should not be related. And I think the convert/assign is not what you think it is. It is not a setting, but simply an immediate action when you click OK. Each time you decide to make a change (using that dialog) you choose which action you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Jimbo Jones,

If possible could you provide a copy of the .afpalette file so I can try and replicate this here at my end?

Thanks
C

Hi Callum,

thank you! Is there a way to provide it non-public (as it contains client information)?

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

It should not be related. And I think the convert/assign is not what you think it is. It is not a setting, but simply an immediate action when you click OK. Each time you decide to make a change (using that dialog) you choose which action you want.

Well, I interpret it as a setting. It is actually in the "settings" dialog. Also, the "convert" button is in the pressed state, telling me that this is the current behaviour. Also, no way to keep the assign button in the pressed state.

6 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

Well, I interpret it as a setting. It is actually in the "settings" dialog. Also, the "convert" button is in the pressed state, telling me that this is the current behaviour. Also, no way to keep the assign button in the pressed state.

You don't need to keep the Assign button "pressed". It's an action. You generally won't be doing multiple color profile changes, and you'll generally want Convert, so that's what it defaults to. But for each color profile change, just pick Assign if that's what you want. It only has an effect, either way, when you are actually changing the color format/profile.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Mostly I just want assign a profile to match it with the print shop's profile. Having an already pressed convert button doesn't help here when all I want is change the profile, not the color values. Maybe this is just a UI thing that needs to be solved. But other than that, the initial problem described above is the bigger issue.
Nonetheless, thanks for your help!

Ich habe das selbe Problem. Alle Texte in allen Schriftgraden mit Einstellung 100% Cyan oder Magenta, vor allem Schwarz, werden nur etwa 90% und somit aufgerastert.

Ich brauche aber unbedingt vollflächigen schwarzen Text.

Danke für eine Hilfestellung

• 2 weeks later...