You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjust how trial period is calculated

I understand the trial versions being time limited however my suggestions is that the remaining time should be decremented by one day whenever the application is started on a new day rather than simply calculating from the first time the application is started.

The motivation for this suggestion is that I tried Affinity Photo very briefly before moving on to something else. Now I have come back to the software a couple of weeks later and the trial period has ended. Using the scheme proposed above I would only have used one trial day.

Just buy the app, it's crazy cheap for what it does. A trial is meant to evaluate whether an app fits your needs, not to allow you to do 30 days of work. It's a great app, if you're still trying to figure out if you should buy it, just buy it it's super cheap, and I'm saying that as a student who doesn't even have a steady income.

I must agree with @Alexgoldstone, it's a better way of doing the trial. If the trial counts only the days that you've launched the program (as @alexgoldstone suggest), it doesn't have to be 30 days trial - IMO 15 days would suffice!

Btw @Alexgoldstone, if I'm not mistaken, whenever a new version comes on the app store you trial gets an extension -even if it had expired already.

@DavidMalcolm: Affinity products are awfully cheap for what they are, but that doesn't mean that they are what somebody needs; and if it's not something you need/want, then even 1€ is money wasted...