You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Oh crap...I need an 'album' cover stat, you got 3 days.

Junkbox

So my good buddy calls me says I need a CD/album cover in like a few days. Apparently, as we artists are the last to learn there's been all sorts of contemplations that the designer is only privy to after significant procrastination. Then come to find out that a late night decision the release is to be under their newly independent label. 
This has no effect on my process.
I've done many graphics for the band, and even played in a side band or two with em. So yes, of course I'm in.

The title track is a Burt Bacharach cover, so the idea was to make the 'album' cover appear as a dusted out 70's LP, replete with the 'I've been sitting in Mom's basement' look. Here's the final.  

This is the first time I've used Affinity Suite exclusively for a project like this. Just wanted to share. The suite works well, glad to do a full project with it. Thanks.

AST_Fx_lo.jpg

On 4/22/2023 at 7:09 AM, Hilltop said:

I like it a lot but -- looking at the dimensions of the elements, especially the logo's and tape -- thought it was a single rather than an LP cover.

lol...yeah guess it's a 45, side A side B  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 4/21/2023 at 7:14 AM, dannyg9 said:

Absolutely love this! The whole concept and execution is great. Standout is the cellophane tape "garage sale" label "99¢ Cheap." Water stains too!

thx!, the 'cheap' is a shout out to Mad Magazine

On 4/19/2023 at 1:00 AM, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

Great cover-art!

Nice colors and great typographics…

thx!

It all started with this pic taken a year or so ago  of my niece

-jb

202.jpg