You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Convert ai file to affinity designer

I am trying to decide whether to cancel my creative cloud account. I got Affinity Designer and worked on an existing ai file that had a stroke applied to type on a curve. When I opened it in affinity designer, it made each stroke a separate uneditable graphic and I am not able to type on a curve. I need to decide if I am going to keep affinity designer or ask for my money back. Thanks. 

Not sure what’s exactly happening but you can attach text to a curve in Affinity Designer, too. If you open the AI, is the text not editable anymore, or just the stroke on the text? If so, you could delete the strokes and apply new Affinity strokes to the text, no?

But I would warmly recommend to continue with Affinity Designer. It can already do most things Adobe Illustrator can do (and at a fraction of the price) and it just gets better and better over time.

Illustrator's file format is proprietary, so we can only import the PDF stream .ai files contain. Most likely Illustrator converted the text to curves as part of its PDF export. I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do about that. We do support text with stroke on a curve, but we can't import it from Illustrator.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.