You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set camera and exif to show on Flickr

• Staff

Hi Killwilly,

I think this relates to the built in share feature in OS X, I've just uploaded two test photos to my Flickr account one from Affinity and one from another photo app and both don't show any detailed Exif info.

I'll do some more testing to be sure, I'll ask our devs to see if we can workaround this.

L

Hi Killwilly,

I think this relates to the built in share feature in OS X, I've just uploaded two test photos to my Flickr account one from Affinity and one from another photo app and both don't show any detailed Exif info.

I'll do some more testing to be sure, I'll ask our devs to see if we can workaround this.

L

Thanks Lee.

One other thing that I have just noticed is. I am unable to transfer an image which has been processed and converted to jpeg with AP into any of my other apps, i,e, Canon DPP, Apple iPhoto, or Photos. When I click on the app, they show greyed out.

The image below is a test shot to show what I mean about the missing data on Flickr.

25305249776_b6058cf542_b.jpgImage 28-02-2016 at 07.18 by Alan Perry, on Flickr

I think I have found the reason for not being able to transfer files to other apps. For some unknown reason when exporting, I had clicked on png instead of jpeg and png is not supported on the other apps. However, the lack of data still remains on Flickr... :(

EXIF handling is always a challenge in image software, and Affinity is (AFAIK) also working on this.  In the meantime, you may want to experiment with manually setting exifdata from the OSX command line using the excellent exiftool - there is nothing better for it.  After doing that you can transfer the files.  It's a couple of extra steps to take (unless you're an Applescript wizard), but it does give you far better control.

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.