You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro Doesn’t Allow Negative Transformation for Affine Filter When Played

Hey there,

I am currently running into the problem of recording an affine transformation with changeable values in the negative range into a macro.

It is possible to set negative values during recording and at any given time.

However, if you change the recorded value, for example from the originally recorded -1% to -5%, it does not take. The originally recorded negative value is displayed as such, but as soon as you insert another negative value, it simply converts to 0 and the transformation therefore resets.

Below is a test macro with a negative transformation. Please try to set the value to -20 (or any other negative value) while playing it.

Try the same outside the macro using Filters → Distort → Affine.

Is there a way to make this work? Am I using the filter incorrectly? Is there a better way to wrap this into a macro?

Thanks!

Negative Affine.afmacros

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

13 hours ago, Mr. Doodlezz said:

Is there a way to make this work?

No but if you need negative values to be adjustable in a macro then read on
Record a macro with the affine tool set to 180° and positive Offset X & Y values
Then a second affine tool set to 180° and no Offset values
Click the cog on the first affine and set the eyes

Now, when the macro runs you will see the image rotated twice so it's back to 0° but the Offset sliders act on the first affine so a positive value becomes negative, err I think. It's all a bit cuckoo

AffineNegative.afmacro

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10