Sign in to follow this  
Gear maker

Color panel is stuck showing global color

My West wall layer has a black stroke and no fill.  The color panel makes it look like it is set with a Global color, which it's not.  Layers in the Windows' group are using the green global color.  But not any in this group. 

How do I get my normal color panel back with the wheel or sliders visible?  When I change layers the panel remains the same with the global color showing.

Ah I have to click on the stoke color symbol, then it pops to the proper screen.

This looks like a bug so I guess i'll move it from Questions to Bugs before I post.

post-2932-0-39511000-1456524101_thumb.jpg

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

If you wish to change the display on the colour tab click on the menu in the top right of the tab (the stacked lines). This will give you a drop down menu for different displays for the colour tab 

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

I guess I see what it's doing.  

If I am on a layer with a fill that is global color it "automatically" shows the tint color screen for that global color.

If I am on a layer with a fill that is a non-global color it "automatically" shows my default slider color screen.

That seems all well and good.

But after I view a global color layer and then I go to a layer that has no fill it remains giving me the global color it had last reported.  In the tint screen and I need to "manually" change it back to my chosen default slider screen to make my color selection.

That's not right, when I am no longer on a global color it should go to my default screen color automatically so I can choose my next color, which probably won't be that global color.  It shouldn't stay on a global color that is no longer in the selected layer.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra