bbwebdiz

Kraken - the oh so fluorescent one

Hey Gang.. :)

Having a blast learning A.Designer. This is my first take on a vector drawing. I'll show more as soon as i get the time to work on this :)

Oh, did i mention this is ALL freakin' VECTOR? yeah.. the light rays too... that seamlessly blend with the background :O 

the biggest wow for me was.. a layer above every other layer, which has a gradient, noise, and overlay blend mode.. it ties everything together sooo goood... 

i think im falling in love with you Affinity -.- but i have a girlfriend, darn... 

post-509-0-61415400-1412891023_thumb.png

web & graphic designer :: front-end web developer :: illustrator

www.dribbble.com/bbwebdiz

Hi, and thank you :)

Each time i work in Designer, it amazes me.. 

i was playing around with those two tentacles, and ended up having a lot of effects, ranging from gradients, with opacity on colors, to opacity itself, to 3d effect etc... the possibilities man..

i think i overdid it :)

http://grab.by/B8eE

Will fix it in the future.. 

@Meb... couldn't have said it better... a lot of fun learning new tricks / techniques .. :)

@Peter.. imagine Designer in a year from now.. man.. :)

A little update.. just blocking it out, still a long way to go.. tons of ideas in my head..

Cheers,

B

post-509-0-60155400-1413323809_thumb.png

I like where it seems to be going. Nice use of all the FX. 

Yeah, aint AD tons of fun!

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Secondary Samsung SyncMaster B2430 display, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball, Wacom Pro Large tablet || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Thanks for those kind words :)

I think I'm well passed the idea of a Kraken picture ;) .. i just love it how the imagination can take you everywhere..

"Teaser thumb" attached..

post-509-0-69273400-1413581146_thumb.png

oooh. Shiny. Mikey likey. :)

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Secondary Samsung SyncMaster B2430 display, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball, Wacom Pro Large tablet || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?