You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Kraken - the oh so fluorescent one

bbwebdiz

Hey Gang.. :)

Having a blast learning A.Designer. This is my first take on a vector drawing. I'll show more as soon as i get the time to work on this :)

Oh, did i mention this is ALL freakin' VECTOR? yeah.. the light rays too... that seamlessly blend with the background :O 

the biggest wow for me was.. a layer above every other layer, which has a gradient, noise, and overlay blend mode.. it ties everything together sooo goood... 

i think im falling in love with you Affinity -.- but i have a girlfriend, darn... 

post-509-0-61415400-1412891023_thumb.png

web & graphic designer :: front-end web developer :: illustrator

www.dribbble.com/bbwebdiz

Hi, and thank you :)

Each time i work in Designer, it amazes me.. 

i was playing around with those two tentacles, and ended up having a lot of effects, ranging from gradients, with opacity on colors, to opacity itself, to 3d effect etc... the possibilities man..

i think i overdid it :)

http://grab.by/B8eE

Will fix it in the future.. 

@Meb... couldn't have said it better... a lot of fun learning new tricks / techniques .. :)

@Peter.. imagine Designer in a year from now.. man.. :)

A little update.. just blocking it out, still a long way to go.. tons of ideas in my head..

Cheers,

B

post-509-0-60155400-1413323809_thumb.png

I like where it seems to be going. Nice use of all the FX. 

Yeah, aint AD tons of fun!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

oooh. Shiny. Mikey likey. :)

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?