You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Staff and members: AP is my standard. it keeps quitting when I export

Well, after writing AP is my standard. it keeps quitting  when I export.  That's as far as I can go.

I have zapped the pram, restarted the computer, and used disk utility.

Searched in preferences for plist files.  Non found.  Application support has nothing.

Okay, STAFF and MEMBERS, what do I do next?

Cheers

David

update......put AP in trash and re-downloading from Apple site.  Tell, me, how many times can I download AP? 

update...new AP still crashes......  STAFF & MEMBERS...I really need your assistance.

Asha.   OS 10.11.3.  MacBook Pro 8,3.  17 inch non-glare display.  Working display is the NEC MultySync PA 271w.  This MacBook Pro just returned from Apple Care, for new video card.   Which mean, entire motherboard.   

Oval, just did that, and all is okay now.     

Starting the way you suggest, opens a dialogue box.  Suggestions please on what I am to do with this box.   Send me a screen capture, please.

Cheers

David

Tried everything you all suggested.   Deleted and took it from Apple, again.  Actually twice now.  Use it a bit and quits.

Available space on HD is 554.08 GB.   

So much for my new standard.

Zapped the pram.  Restarted more than once.

What is the purpose of holding down the control key while opening AP?

What to do?   What to do?

Kind Regards

David

In order to clear all user data, do what Oval suggested:

• Start the app with Control held down.
  • On the Clear User Data window, click Select All, then Clear.
  • The app will launch, and you can see if there are further crashes.

Hope that works …  :)

Alex

post-1198-0-99339100-1456562282_thumb.png

"Start the app with Control held down."

Unless I am missing something, this often suggested step to get to the clear menu on launch can be a little misleading. That is because (at least on my Macs) holding down the Control key before trying to launch the app anywhere besides in Launchpad will just pop up a contextual menu. The only thing that works for me is to wait until the app starts to launch & then as soon as possible after that hold down the Control key.

Since I have no use for Launchpad & keep the Affinity apps in the Dock for quick access, what I do is click on the app in the Dock & just as it begins its first hop, press & hold the Control key.

David4,

If clearing the app doesn't help, as a last resort you might try starting up in safe mode & then restarting normally (no need to launch any app or anything else while in safe mode). This will delete system caches, which will be rebuild as needed when starting normally. That will slow down some things temporarily as a cache gets rebuilt, but once rebuilt won't have any lasting effects. This step will fix problems that are caused by corrupted caches.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You are very right, R C-R, I should have been a little more detailed on my first step. What I meant is this:

• If you have the Applications folder in the dock (as I do), you can click the Applications folder dock icon in order to bring up a list of all your applications. Then hold down the Control key and click the app icon of Affinity Photo within this list.
  • Or open Apple’s Launchpad, hold down the Control key and click the app icon of Affinity Photo.
  • Or use the method described by R C-R.

Now we should have collected all available options …  :)

Now we should have collected all available options …  :)

Almost! If you have an Affinity app icon in the Dock (like I do), yet another one is very similar to your first one & probably easier than the method I suggested:

Control or right click on the icon to bring up the menu of recent documents, Options, etc. Then hold down the Control Key & select "Open," the last item on that menu. This is almost the same as my method but avoids having to get the timing right when pressing the Control key.

I haven't looked to see if it is already there, but this might be a worthwhile addition to the Tutorials forum area. It doesn't have to be a video or too elaborate, just something that lists all the options.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

There are the App Store version and the Beta version. The App Store version is the version you downloaded from Apple’s App Store (currently 1.4.1). The latest Beta version (currently 1.4.2, Beta 3) is available through this forum, if you follow my link above. Here is the link again:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/18468-affinity-photo-customer-beta-142-beta-3/

The App Store version and the Beta version are entirely different applications. They sit alongside each other and do not interfere. Nevertheless, you have to keep the App Store version in the same folder as the Beta version in order to run the Beta.

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex