You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.4.2 - Beta 3)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is an Incremental Bug-Fix release - it should be considered more stable than the current MAS version (1.4.1) and should be used in preference to that build, if you are experiencing any of the problems listed below.

Fixes

- Many PSD compatibility improvements, particularly when using 16 bit documents

- Single-click in the Art Text Tool no longer creates a new Art Text object if you are already in caret mode on an Art Text object

- Improved SVG font export compatibility

- Fix for SVG export generating invalid IDs

- Fix for vector export of cropped bitmaps

- Fix for PDF import of large images and soft masks

- Single-click in the Art Text Tool no longer creates a new Art Text object if you are already in caret mode on an Art Text object

Ooh, sending much love for this! :wub:

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

And this!! Visibility checkboxes are no longer covered by scrollbar! Wooow! :wub:

screenshot_0025.png

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

That’s a typo, Signguy … see the splash screen below …  ;)

I knew that it was, I was just pointing it out.  The update to Photo had the correct version number posted.  

Thank you Affinity team for the update!  I appreciate the hard work.  

Huge bug here (os x 10.8.5). I can't expand groups. The little triangle is impossible to select. So, contextual menu > Expand group

Explanation : my palette was undocked (I don't know how you can say this in english). Ma palette était détachée.

post-395-0-02545500-1456992014_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Big problem : I can't launch my B-version and there is no new version !?!

My 1.4 is bugged (arrow for expanding groups doesn't appear in my interface). I'm in the mud, guys.

I haven't seen the previous message…

post-395-0-29739200-1459163404_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi lenogre,

Both Affinity Designer and Photo Betas have expired and currently there aren't new ones available yet. It's Easter weekend in the UK with a Bank holiday today (Monday) so they will be only available later this week. Meanwhile please use the corresponding Mac App Store versions.

Hi MEB, I have the same situation.

Question for you, if I use my MAS version for a project I am working on, there won't be any issues opening that file in the next beta, correct?

One way to keep the beta running after the expiration date is to keep it opened if you had it up and running before the expiration...

Ok, not so much help once you have run into the expired message.  :wacko:

We will hope for a soon relieve from this precarious situation.

• Staff

One way to keep the beta running after the expiration date is to keep it opened if you had it up and running before the expiration...

Ok, not so much help once you have run into the expired message.  :wacko:

We will hope for a soon relieve from this precarious situation.

Working on it right now, really sorry about this :(

if anyone is in a desperate situation you could also modify the system date.

Settings > Time > uncheck automatic time setting and choose some day in the past

- worked for me, I could install the photo beta and it opened fine

I don´t think that´s considered hacking as it´s just two clicks right?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.