You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP's RAW and AP's develop. My professional workflow from now on

My goal in my workflow requires me to reproduce original art, as close to the original as is mechanically and chemically possible.

I personally create .icc profiles for the Epson Pro 9900 printer and substrates, my professional display,  and Canon EOS 6D camera.

With LR 6.4, as well as with RPP 64, what I adjust in RAW looks pretty much the same in tiff.  Adjustments are minor.

Not so in AP.   I can adjust RAW in AP to appear as close to the original art as possible.    In RAW I choose develop assistant, and make sure no changes will come about with the choices.  Take no Action.  Meaning I don’t want curves or exposue bias affecting and anything else messing with the RAW file.   Adjust the image file as close to the original art as possible and ‘develop’.

Go to develop and all looks well. However, choosing soft proof, I am back to making large adjustment, again!   So. back to the adjustments.  

Seems there is no point in making adjustments in RAW.   

I know RAW has quite a latitude for adjustments.   

Am I tossing the RAW adjustments to the wind?

In advance, I thank all, MEMBERS and STAFF, for assisting me.

Have have made AP my workflow application.  At times, I will also use RPP 64 for my RAW converter, and AP for the balance of the workflow.  Printing is done with Printao 8, an application my LSI.

And I thank everyone for such a good job on developing  AP!

Cheers,

David