You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The chalky look of the lettering is a nice touch, but there are too many different fonts for my liking.

”LET’S BOWL” needs an apostrophe, and I think I would dispense with the sloping letters.

The O in “GEORGE” looks a bit odd. Did you use a stroked zero by mistake? There’s a full stop missing off the end of the abbreviation “I.B.C.”; very common these days in three-letter abbreviations, but it doesn’t look right to me.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just to add something that's a bit nit picky, the capitalisation in the banners is a bit odd. Why "Parking" and "Coaching", but "events", "access," "function" etc? Personally, I'd also drop "to be made" and make "Just new friends" the same font size as "No strangers here" (again keeping the capitalisation the same on both sides!) Perhaps it would be good to have an ellipsis after "No strangers here ..." just to indicate it is followed on the opposite side. At a first glance, it could be read as saying that you don't want strangers. (But maybe that's just me!)

But generally a really nice design. – I'm tempted to join myself, but the commute might be a bit far! 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I like it. I think it needs some tweaks as mentioned above. I like the use of the colors, although I'm not crazy about the chalk font outside of using it in the banners. The overall design is cool and it works but just "live" with it a bit and revisit the fonts and usage of them (italicized, stretching, compressing, etc.). As it's a bit of an informal font, you could change the items on the left and right banners to all lower case. Just a thought.

Thank you to everybody for the advice and suggestions.  Most will be taken on board, sadly its already printed and  being used ATM

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Overall I like the Chalkboard idea, though personally would have used more chalk looking brushes for text instead and probably also another border, maybe something similar like this but in more chalk style look ...

bowl2.jpg.dc71b3194d33d4c0e2b6d14bba2f192e.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2