You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Migrate your release version content to beta

Affirm that Photo does not import the plugins pref, and all apps didn't import the Toolbar pref for Icon & Text.

But THANK YOU, THANK YOU for importing the actual Studio layout from the working versions! That has always been such a PITA having to rest those up. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

• 3 weeks later...

It would also be nice if the studios would be imported by default. If I have to go to the list to activate my studio preset that's not that bad, but I prefer not to have to look it up on my drive. ;)

But I am happy the studio preset does apply correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed beta version 2.1.0.1781 of all apps on Windows 11 via the .exe (downloaded from the Affinity website), rather than the msix alternative. Pressed the magic "Copy settings & content from release apps" to transfer libraries, plug-ins etc. from v2.0 and to set myself up for a quick start. Unfortunately, everything in the beta versions was removed/reset, with nothing at all transferred.

Is this a solely Windows problem or have I missed an obvious trick and done something silly? This has happened to me once before, resulting in my having to install everything manually.

• Staff

Unfortunately this feature currently won't work for .exe installs. We had to change the data path for the .exe installations in 2.1. You should find that the .exe installations can be migrated from after 2.1.

31 minutes ago, DanG said:

Unfortunately this feature currently won't work for .exe installs. We had to change the data path for the .exe installations in 2.1. You should find that the .exe installations can be migrated from after 2.1.

But, out of curiosity, what does that mean for the official 2.1 release, using .exe installs? 

Will we have to redo all our setup migrating from 2.0.4 to 2.1 there, too?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

My concern, too. I've been using 2.1 betas exclusively now, not my 2.0.4 release version (which is still installed). Will there be a way to migrate my beta settings to the 2.1 release version?

Len
Affinity Photo 2 | QCAD 3 | FastStone | SpyderX Pro | FOSS:  ART darktable  XnView  RawTherapee  Inkscape  G'MIC  LibreOffice
Windows 11 on a 16 GB, Ryzen 5700 8-core laptop with a cheesy little embedded AMD GPU

Canon T8i / 850D | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro | Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM | Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7
...desperately looking for landscapes in Nolandscapeland        https://www.flickr.com/photos/14015058@N07/

• Staff
On 5/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, walt.farrell said:

But, out of curiosity, what does that mean for the official 2.1 release, using .exe installs? 

Will we have to redo all our setup migrating from 2.0.4 to 2.1 there, too?

Settings etc. should be migrated from 2.0.4 release to 2.1 yes. Unfortunately there is currently an issue which means this isn't working correctly for exe installations, but our development team are currently looking into it.

20 hours ago, lphilpot said:

My concern, too. I've been using 2.1 betas exclusively now, not my 2.0.4 release version (which is still installed). Will there be a way to migrate my beta settings to the 2.1 release version?

I'm afraid this won't be an option no. This feature was designed to make the Beta settings match the Release settings for ease of testing the betas, but won't go the other way.

Thank you all for your comments. While disappointing, I shall thus stick with using V2.04 for the time being for my main work and play around with v2.1 for testing purposes until the release version is ready. Pity, really, but all part of life's rich tapestry!