Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The screen shows that the brushes are switched, but they are not actually switched.


Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.449578f8de2c77a3ff7f71aa1a22eff0.png

 

Affinity photo v2.1.0.1736 

os Windows11 22H2

PenTablet xppen deco01 v2 xppen Driver v3.4.3.

Compared to Affinity photov2.04, the success rate of brush switching has been improved.
However, I'm still having the problem of the brush switching to a brush.
I have attached the video.
At the end of the video, the brush has not been switched and is still in its pre-switched behavior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Hi satopian,

This issue is still with development. The issue is that a 'drag' is enough to change the brush highlight, but not the actual selection so you get the issue you're seeing. With the precision of a graphics tablet it is easier to accidentally invoke a drag, so you're more likely to see this when using a tablet.

I'll get it bumped with development. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Still having this issue myself. Switching brushes is tricky at times. I'm not aware if it's been tagged for fix or not. I've not had a ton of time lately to check beta logos, but I did short search for "brush highlight" and this is what came up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/5/2023 at 4:50 PM, Sean P said:

Hi satopian,

This issue is still with development. The issue is that a 'drag' is enough to change the brush highlight, but not the actual selection so you get the issue you're seeing. With the precision of a graphics tablet it is easier to accidentally invoke a drag, so you're more likely to see this when using a tablet.

I'll get it bumped with development. :)

I can't create an illustration using Affinity Photo unless I can see the currently selected brush.
Photo retouching is also not possible.
This issue appears to be on the fix list, but is not yet fixed in v2.4.0.
I don't know of any other photo retouching software that doesn't recognize and fix brush selection issues.
I hardly ever use Affinity Photo anymore after v2.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff
24 minutes ago, satopian said:

I can't create an illustration using Affinity Photo unless I can see the currently selected brush.
Photo retouching is also not possible.
This issue appears to be on the fix list, but is not yet fixed in v2.4.0.
I don't know of any other photo retouching software that doesn't recognize and fix brush selection issues.
I hardly ever use Affinity Photo anymore after v2.0.

Hi Satopian.

Which issue in the fix list are you referring to? This issue is still currently with development, and I don't see any reference to it here:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sean P

I read every release note with my fingers crossed.

I am sure illustration is not the main Affinity Photo target; still, it has been a while;)

Regards,

Philippe

PS: I also had to move to another package for my Comic Book - I still feel Photo + Publisher is a killer duo for that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a problem with using the term "fix list"?
In other words, does it mean that the developers are aware of the problem, but it's still in development, not listed as a fix, and there may be no plans to fix it?

>NathanC
>Staff
>Posted November 25, 2022
>Many thanks for providing detail, I've since confirmed that we have this issue logged with the developers, so I've included the details of your report.

I reported it a year ago and had the staff take a look at it, so I thought it would be fixed within a few months, but maybe there isn't that much demand for brush replacements?
Several other people have reported having the same problem.
At least for me, I don't understand why someone would say something as basic as switching brushes is "still in development."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Satopian,

 

6 hours ago, satopian said:

"still in development."

 

This means that the developers were notified about the issue, and they have the say and control what gets fixed, and not QA.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.5.3 Affinity Designer 2 2.5.3 Affinity Publisher 2 2.5.3 on Windows 11 Pro version 24H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff
15 hours ago, satopian said:

Is there a problem with using the term "fix list"?
In other words, does it mean that the developers are aware of the problem, but it's still in development, not listed as a fix, and there may be no plans to fix it?

>NathanC
>Staff
>Posted November 25, 2022
>Many thanks for providing detail, I've since confirmed that we have this issue logged with the developers, so I've included the details of your report.

I reported it a year ago and had the staff take a look at it, so I thought it would be fixed within a few months, but maybe there isn't that much demand for brush replacements?
Several other people have reported having the same problem.
At least for me, I don't understand why someone would say something as basic as switching brushes is "still in development."

 

My apologies - I thought you meant you had seen the issue listed on the list of issues fixed in 2.4.0 (the thread I linked to), but in context with your last post I understand that is not what you meant.

As tzvi20 has mentioned above, the issue is still an open issue in our issue tracking software and is still with the development team to be fixed. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over what issues get fixed by development, and in what order. However, what we can do is keep track of the amount of reports each issue gets which then gets used as a factor for deciding which issues require fixing.

Again I can only apologise that this is still an issue for you, I will bump it again with development and try to bring some attention to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.