You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All Pixel Persona Brushes are gone and cant be imported in AD v2

I was trying out some brushes that I have on my account and when I started playing with them the AD v2 app froze and crashed on me. So when I reopened the app ALL my pixel persona brushes were gone. Theres no brush category in my brush library. So I went into the preferences to reset the brushes and that did not work at all. So now I have no pixel persona brushes.

So what I did was I went into my AD v1 app and exported all that standard pixel persona brushes to import them into v2 but even that doesnt work. It says theyre importing and downloading the file but nothing happens and its just a blank library in pixel persona. So I have no way of getting my pixel persona brushes in AD v2. What do i do now? Is this a bug? Below is an image showing no brushes in the library. 

no brushes.PNG

• Staff

Please save and backup any open files you may have in the app. If you use the apps default folder on iCloud please also make a backup of this or rename it. Next fully uninstall the app from iPadOS, once uninstalled restart the iPad and download the app again from the App Store. 

If after downloading a fresh install the brushes still aren't showing, do you have any other Affinity V2 apps installed (Photo,Publisher) on your iPad? If so you will also need to fully uninstall ALL V2 apps, restart the iPad and download them again. The reason for this is that they share folder locations and only removing all V2 apps removes all files.

@Lee DAffinity Designer is the only v2 app I own. I already uninstalled AD v2 from my ipad and reinstalled it. I still dont have my brushes. Theyre gone and nothing can be imported. My imported brushes dont show up and the brushes on my account that i have to download for them to install in the app dont show up either. I have no brushes for pixel persona. I only have vector brushes. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is related to an issue I had where my assets all disappeared after crashing, and I couldn’t import any again. The assets menu remained blank, like your brushes menu looks. Mine resolved itself after a few days, for some reason. But I do have the issue logged here.

I had this same problem a couple of months ago with the Affinity apps on iPad. Unfortunately it's a known issue with v2 that Serif still hasn't been able to fix. The usual response is to 'turn it on and off again', meaning uninstall, restart and reinstall the Affinity app, which while incredibly annoying, typically works.

• 3 weeks later...

My Pixel Brushes are now gone for the second time. I already uninstalled AD V2 and reinstalled. Them reimported all the Brushes. Took more time than i have because I‘m in the middle of a book project. I loved AD, been using it for 4or 5 years now, but this now really infuriates me. I want this fixed so I can work.

I can‘t keep uninstalling and starting over. 

It doesn't take uninstalling and reinstalling. It does require either: 

a. Pressing Ctrl while starting the application and choosing the Reset Brushes option, then reinstalling any brushes (raster or vector) that you've added manually

Or, slightly less disruptive, deleting either the raster_brushes.oropcol file or the vector_brushes.propcol file and then reinstalling any of those brushes you've added manually.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

It doesn't take uninstalling and reinstalling. It does require either: 

a. Pressing Ctrl while starting the application and choosing the Reset Brushes option, then reinstalling any brushes (raster or vector) that you've added manually

Or, slightly less disruptive, deleting either the raster_brushes.oropcol file or the vector_brushes.propcol file and then reinstalling any of those brushes you've added manually.

And on iPad? This is where I've had the most problem with it, and is also what this thread is related/posted to (Designer 2 bugs found on iPad).

1 hour ago, rgba said:

And on iPad? This is where I've had the most problem with it, and is also what this thread is related/posted to (Designer 2 bugs found on iPad).

Completely close the app. Start it, and when you get the splash screen do a quick 1-finger double-tap on it.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, rgba said:

Yeah, unfortunately that didn’t fix it the last time my brushes disappeared.

Even with selecting Reset Brushes?

-- Walt
PC:

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Completely close the app. Start it, and when you get the splash screen do a quick 1-finger double-tap on it.

Hey! That actually worked. How weird because I did that in the preferences and reseted my brushes and it didnt work but when I one finger double tap on the screen and turned on reset brushes it worked! Thanks walt! My issue has been fixed. ☺️

7 hours ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

Hey! That actually worked. How weird because I did that in the preferences and reseted my brushes and it didnt work but when I one finger double tap on the screen and turned on reset brushes it worked! Thanks walt! My issue has been fixed. ☺️

Good to hear :) 

Yes, the option i Settings works differently from the Reset option during startup. I'm not sure why.

-- Walt
PC: