You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Styles Panel is extremely erratic in Photo 1736 on MAC

Have tested this over and over, using various Styles and starting over and over with a new document.  With some Styles categories every style can be selected.  With other categories, a single style within the category will repeat itself, no matter which style is actually selected.  With other categories, a few of the selections can be interchanged, while others will not function.  This is definitely a change from Photo 2, v. 2.0.3, where I used the same Styles categories to check, just to be sure that there were not glitches in the categories.  ( I also tried importing the misbehaving Styles categories again into the Beta, to see if I had problems with the category.  Nope.)

4/1/2023   I have found the issue.  For some unknown reason, the new document form I used apparently has some sort of glitch in it.  I have used it again and again as the starting point for something I planned to do in Photo or Designer (both v.1 and v.2).  It was always at the top of my favourites list.

I downloaded Publisher Beta2 .1736 just now and tried the same experiment.  Everything with the styles panel works perfectly.  So I then used Edit in Photo and Edit in Designer, and tried changing styles and styles categories.  They all functioned perfectly.

I then went back to Photo, deleted that first saved document format, and used "Letter" farther down the line.  Now all Styles work perfectly.

Hopefully this will settle the issue.  Although how my new document format "Letter 8-1/2 x 11" became corrupted I shall never know.  It is now in the trash. 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

4 hours ago, Pauls said:

Can you send us this corrupted document for reference please ?

Unfortunately I didn't save it.  Sorry.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9