You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving an image selection to another image.

I'm new to Affinity, but I've been using Photoshop for 20 years. With Affinity I can select part of an image, then copy and paste it to another image.  In Photoshop you can do this by using the move tool to drag and drop it to the other photo.  Is that method possible with Affinity? 

• Staff

Hi @davshev welcome to the forums,

Currently, if you have multiple document windows floated in Photo it's possible to move layers from one document to another by Highlighting and then dragging and dropping the layers on the layers panel onto the canvas area of the other document, but as far as I'm aware it's not possible to select and drag the layers from one document's canvas area to another, this action restricts the movement of the selected layers on that document only.

Another user asked a similar question to yourself in the thread linked below 🙂

6 hours ago, NathanC said:

Currently, if you have multiple document windows floated in Photo it's possible to move layers from one document to another by Highlighting and then dragging and dropping the layers on the layers panel onto the canvas area of the other document,

Note that when you do that or copy from one document and paste in another, colour management is broken in 2.0.4 and the current 2.1 beta. Of course, if both documents have the same colour profile, there won't be a problem.