You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone,

I have read on several websites that Affinity Designer could natively export AI, however I really don't see how to perform this action. Is it really possible? And, if so, what am I missing?

I precise that I can export to those formats: PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PSD, PDF, SVG and EPS. But AI does not appear in the list, wether I use the File>Export panel or the export persona.

post-27755-0-99097800-1456355812_thumb.png

This is quite a problem since I need to share files with people who use Illustrator.

Thanks

I have the same problem needing to re-convert back to AI. As suggested, I've exported as a PDF (also tried EPS and SVG) but with any of these options I can get a usable AI file, but with unusable type. The PDF when opened in Illustrator will have the 'live or active' font(s) but the text is broken-up so badly that it would need to be re-typed from scratch. Does anyone have any further info about this. As is, as much as I really like Affinity, without resolution of this issue I'm stuck in Illustrator.

Thanks, jjeff

...and this is where the worlds collide. Suggestion: ask them to buy Affinity software and be done with it! LOL Seriously, I can only think of one way you can do it. Work in AD, save as PDF open it yourself in AI, rework it to fix the text and send it along the way. Not cool to do but really there is no solution right now.