You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel Persona, Draw Persona, Export Persona what does it mean?

Guest northstar

I had read this. Did I understand it correct?

Export Persona:

Does it mean that I can make a webpage layout and export this with export persona?

Pixel Persona:

Does it mean that affinity photo is included with affinity designer so that I do not

have to change the programm for edit photos? correct?

The Export persona allows you to export files in various formats, some of which are suitable for inclusion in web pages, but it is not a webpage layout app. The Pixel persona has some photo editing features but it is not as full featured as the personas in Affinity's Photo application.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 6 months later...

I've been finding my way around affinity for about 4 months now, yet I still feel I'm not using to its maximum capability, could you explain in greater depth the differences or different situations in which to use the personas in affinity designer( im more of an example kind of a guy) "monkey see monkey do"

• Staff

Hi JulioLuque,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Draw Persona deals (mostly) with vector objects which are represented mathematically and as such are resolution independent - they can be resized/scaled up/down without losing quality. It's the Persona you should use when you want to draw/design with vector tools (Pen Tool, Shape Tools etc) to create vector illustrations, logos, ui/web design elements etc

The Pixel Persona deals with raster objects. All of its tools create/manipulate pixels (raster data) which are resolution dependent and lose quality when you resize/scale them up or down. Ideally you should work with documents with the same size they will be exported to preserve the sharpness of the raster data/pixels. You may want to use this Persona when you want to produce "painted" illustrations you draw freely based on raster brushes (Paint Brush Tool) using a tablet/pen or to complement/shade a vector illustration created in Vector Persona for example.

The Export Persona is used to export single object/layers or the whole artboard/document using slices that can be created automatically from the objects/layers on your project or created manually drawing them with the Slice Tool in Export Persona. You can configure a set of options for each slice individually (size, formats, compression, colours options etc) and even export more than one file from each slice. This can be useful to create several sizes (16x16px, 32x32px etc) and/or file formats (png, svg etc) of an icon based on the slice created (automatically) from a single object/layer you have drawn in Vector Persona for example.

• 9 months later...

The Pixel Persona deals with raster objects. All of its tools create/manipulate pixels (raster data) which are resolution dependent and lose quality when you resize/scale them up or down. Ideally you should work with documents with the same size they will be exported to preserve the sharpness of the raster data/pixels. You may want to use this Persona when you want to produce "painted" illustrations you draw freely based on raster brushes (Paint Brush Tool) using a tablet/pen or to complement/shade a vector illustration created in Vector Persona for example.

Where is this Pixel Persona in Affinity Photo?  Trying to get some imported brushes to work right, saw this referenced in another post, but can't find it.. not sure if that person was talking about Photo....\

Where is this Pixel Persona in Affinity Photo?  Trying to get some imported brushes to work right, saw this referenced in another post, but can't find it.. not sure if that person was talking about Photo....\

Pixel Persona is the second of the three Affinity Designer personas. It is sort of a reduced feature set version of Affinity Photo's Photo Persona.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7