You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

First of all, amazing work you guys doing. I've been following for awhile and this weekend I've decided to buy a license for Affinity Photo. After checking your website, I found Affinity Designer; I remember seeing it before, but I totally forgot about it. I'm now checking some videos about it and it seems better for me then Affinity Photo. I can edit bitmap images, right ?

I think I got it from the Mac Store. Could I get the money back and just buy Designer instead ?

I may end up buying the license for Designer too, but if Designer is what I'm seeing it is, I think I won't really use Photo.

• Staff

Hi heldrida,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you are looking for a RAW converter/developer and photo editing app, then Affinity Photo is the correct choice. For graphic design, UI design, illustration etc, Designer is more adequate. Although Affinity Designer have a Pixel Persona and is able to work with images, its tools are not as extensive nor powerful as those present in Affinity Photo (it doesn't include Filters nor the ability to work with channels for example).

If you want to exchange your license you have to contact the Apple Store. All refunds are managed by Apple directly. You should have received an invoice on your email associated to you Apple ID, where you can find a link labeled Report a Problem right below the item. Click on it and follow the instructions to get a refund. Alternatively go to this link and proceed from there.

Hi @meb, thanks for looking!

Yeah, Designer is better for my needs, but I'm liking this so much that I'll just keep the Photo license!

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. Stopped using Adobe for a long time, been using Gimp, etc. Great : )

Obrigado chaval! : D