You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keep stroke width the same while toggling through vector brushes

This is for AD v2 on ipad. 

Sigh. I've been playing around with vector brushes in my art, and I wanted to talk about an issue I'm having with the stroke width and vector brushes. If I create a stroke at 100 pts, and I turn that stroke into a vector brush something happens. My stroke decreases in width based on the width size the vector brush was saved as. This to me is annoying because I already know the stroke width I want my vector brush to be at but because of the pre saved size the vector brush was saved as it scales down my stroke. And what happens is I'm forced to go back into my stroke studio and increase my stroke width to 100pt just to preview that vector brush at 100 pts. I cant just set my stroke width at 100pts, select a vector brush, and have this vector brush previewed at 100 pts. My stroke has to scale down based on what that vector brush size it was saved as so if I want to toggle through my other vector brushes my stroke width is ALWAYS going to scale down in width because all the other vector brushes have different scale sizes. Its really annoying.

I know the stroke width I want. I want my stroke width at 100 pts and what I want to do is just toggle through my vector brushes and previews ALL OF THEM at 100pts, so I can easily decide what texture I want to go with for my art. No. That doesnt happen. If I select a vector brush my stroke width decreases so then its a small preview of the vector brush I selected. Then i have to scale that stroke width back up to 100pts so i have to go into the stroke studio to do that. If I select a new vector brush to preview my stroke scales down in width. So i have to go back into the stroke studio again and increase the stroke width to 100pts. If I want to select a 3rd vector brush my stroke scales down in size and its this whole scale down scale up switching between studio process and its really, REALLY annoying. I just want to preview all of my vector brushes at a specific stroke width. I need the app to override the width size these vector brushes were saved as and just preview my vector brushes at the stroke width I have it set as, 100pts. It would make previewing my vector brushes way easier. 

And on iPad, Opt+Click, too. You can use a keyboard, or the Command Controller.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

And on iPad, Opt+Click, too. You can use a keyboard, or the Command Controller.

I didnt know there were shorcuts for this. i dont use a keyboard so Ill try the controller. I still wish though that I didnt have to do any of these shortcuts. I'd like to just toggle through each brush and have my stroke width apply. Maybe a button that could be turned on in the hamburger menu?