You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers panel resizing bug since b2.1 (Mac Des+Pub+Pho)

Maybe it has to do with importing my studio presets from the retail version, but ever since build 1730 I get a UI drawing bug with the layers panel.

I use detached panels on a second monitor in all my affinity apps.

See screenshots and video:

image.png.ac8e7fc4c1e93a853ddc4cce2d1ed1b5.png

image.png

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• Staff

The issue "Layer Panel: Visibility/Lock icons are obscured when a group is present" (REF: AFP-6026) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1732".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

3 hours ago, EmT said:

it should be fixed in the next beta build

Well, fyi, I just tried and it is NOT fixed in todays build 2.1.0.1732.

@Serif Info Bot @EmT

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);

• Staff

Can you try the recipe that we are doing which we confirmed fixed:

1. New doc
  2. Add a bunch of layers
  3. Group some as we need a child layer
  4. Save doc and close app
  5. Reopen the doc
  6. Observe the layer visibility icons are obscured
  7. Adjust panel width
  8. Observe icons now appear

If that's fine, can you provide your own recipe? Many thanks :) 

16 hours ago, Chris B said:

1. New doc
  2. ...

No that doesn't work as it's another issue.

I observe the cut off panel immediately after creating a empty doc or when opening any other file in Publisher or after creating the first rectangle in Designer.

-> If I change the width of the panel to fix it, it stays fixed for other documents until I restart the app.

see screen recordings:

17 hours ago, Chris B said:

Was getting this:

20466360_ScreenGrab6.png.b5d103dd9764ff0fc49d9a1967144234.png

Chris B's recipe worked for me - saved and restarted 3 times and all seems fixed👍

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• Staff

@woefiI've just watched the video a number of times and noticed your Layers Panel was slightly wider than default. I've make mine as wide as yours by positioning the left side at about 90mm on the Rulers and extending the the panel so it sits at about 180mm on the Rulers (as seen in your video) and I've added a new layer and hey presto reproduced the issue. So you are indeed seeing the issue I mentioned in the other thread:

• 'The other recipe is when you make the panel width wider. This one does not have a fix version on it yet'

We should hopefully get this fixed as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Layer Visibility toggles won't show if you make the Layers Panel wider" (REF: AFP-5740) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, this is now fixed in build 1769!

(it was still a problem in 1742...)