You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I know this is the AD forum but wanted to get some feedback from people who have used this, especially compared to AD. I love AD but, because of work I am using a Windows system more and more. The vector illustration programs to choose from are AI, Drawplus, Corel, and Inkscape. I'd really prefer not to rejoin Adobe's CC, so that brings my choices to 3. Corel seems like a combination of AI and PS and the price tag is pretty steep. Will Drawplus catch up to AD?

Any advice would be appreciated

Sorry, I should have specified. The jobs will be logo work for print  and web, possibly some technical design illustrations, and some animations. On my mac I usually created the vector work in AD and export to either AE (CS6) or Anime Studio Pro to animate.

There are hacks of dubious legality to run OS X (the operating system Macs run on) on Windows PCs, but since even partial success depends greatly on using a PC with hardware is as close to that of a Mac as possible, I would put the chances of successfully running OS X on a Surface Pro 4 at approximately zero.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Although strictly amateur, I've used CorelDRAW (a lot) for years and that was my main reasons for putting off the Win/Mac switch.  Happily, shortly after the switch I found out about AD.  Since then I've slowly weaned myself off CorelDRAW and it dawned on me yesterday that I can't remember the last time I booted into Windows to use it.  There are still a few features I miss, (though on AD's roadmap) but if Corel presented me with a free option to switch back to CD but I also had to give up my AD - I'd have to say I would stick with AD.  This is coming from a dedicated Corel fan.  My advice truly would be to pursue any possibility of Mac machine.  (maybe not an option, but by far the best possibility if it is)

Sorry, I should have specified. The jobs will be logo work for print  and web, possibly some technical design illustrations, and some animations. On my mac I usually created the vector work in AD and export to either AE (CS6) or Anime Studio Pro to animate.

In my opinion there is no real need to switch back to Windows...

Drawplus has much more features, but is not comparable to AD in terms of speed and complex document handling.

I would cover the technical side of your job with a 2D "caddish" app and stay Mac.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers