You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

@Ash Affinity Designer 2.10 - Create 3D objects

I know it might not be appropriate here, but I would really like to have the function Create 3D objects. The features introduced so far in Affinity Designer 2.04 are really good, but comparable ones were introduced in Illustrator and CorelDraw about 10 years ago.

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

but I would really like to have the function Create 3D objects.

As a commercial graphic designer, having certain features is essential. However, Adobe Photoshop suffered from the "Swiss army knife" syndrome, which caused a lot of damage. Illustrator is also headed down that path with features like 3D and basic animation. Fortunately, Affinity takes a different approach by focusing on keeping their apps performing at their best, rather than trying to please everyone. Currently, I am using the beta apps, and there are many upcoming features that will greatly enhance productivity. I recommend trying Art Text for any special needs, as I have been using it for years and find it wonderful. It also works seamlessly with Affinity. Have a great day!

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

On 3/17/2023 at 5:56 AM, Designer1 said:

@Ash Affinity Designer 2.10 - Create 3D objects

I know it might not be appropriate here, but I would really like to have the function Create 3D objects. The features introduced so far in Affinity Designer 2.04 are really good, but comparable ones were introduced in Illustrator and CorelDraw about 10 years ago.

That would be way down the list for me. It is a gimmick and I'll bet that it is used by a very small percentage of Illustrator users. There are more important things for them to add like Blends and even true Vector art brushes. 

The 3D functions are used by many designers. Not necessarily as shown in the video, but more discreetly for visualising logos on signs, walls, buildings. But I can understand that the implementation of 3D functions in Affinity Designer is not so easy and probably for marketing reasons could only be released with version 3.