You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi organicspot,

when you move a node of a curve consisting of smart nodes, the Bézier handles of adjacent nodes will be changed in order to create what you could call auto curvature (watch the green areas in my video). But when you move a node of a curve consisting of standard nodes, the Bézier handles of adjacent nodes will not be changed (watch the blue areas in my video).

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

Smart_Nodes_Auto.mov

Hi organicspot,

you must be kidding. If you try the different tools you must notice the difference. AFAIC: it even feels different to use the pen in one or another way. The first curve expects the user to know how bézier curves work (i.e. geometically), the second is way more intuitive, you can even change position of the nodes while dragging the input device, third one is clearly about creating NO curves but straight combined lines, and the fourth (not in your screenshot, why would that be?) is used for solely creating end-to-end lines.

@A_B_C: nice video, explains the main features very intuitively

Well, in defense of organicspot I would like to say, that there is indeed no (or not much) noticeable difference when you create a curve with standard non-smart nodes, convert a single node to a smart node (doing so will only affect the Bézier handles of the respective node, if at all), and expect to see any effects when moving around this very node. I guess this was the root of the misunderstanding …  :)