You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move stroke pressure back for easy scrolling

This is for AD on ipad. In v1, the stroke pressure was positioned under the stroke width. In v2, the stroke pressure was then moved near the bottom of the stroke studio and is no longer under the stroke width. I feel like this is an issue because now I cant scroll down the stroke studio because the placement of the pressure isnt something that you can tug on to scroll down. You have to tug downwards either above the pressure or the tiny space below the pressure. You cant tap the pressure and scroll downwards. You have to place your finger or apple pencil above the pressure or below the pressure to scroll downwards. And where the placement of the pressure is is where my finger or apple pencil would usually go to scroll down. So i cant scroll because the stroke pressure isnt tuggable. Its not an area where you can place your finger/pencil and scroll down and that area is usually where my finger/pencil would go to scroll down.

Another issue is placing my finger/apple pencil above the stroke pressure to scroll downwards because sometimes where I place that finger/pencil above the stroke pressure will change the meter limit. Ill place my finger/pencil where the join/align is and my finger ends up changing the meter limit. So i have to undo and then specifically tap and hold an area that will scroll downwards. So I only have certain areas that i can tap and hold to scroll and i have to be very care i dont change anything. 

Another issue is you cant even tap and hold that tiny area under the stroke pressure to scroll down because its going to activate the arrow heads. So I cant use this area, I cant use the stroke pressure area, and now I if i scroll from above the stroke pressure I have to be very careful I dont change the meter limit. 

So I need this stroke pressure to be moved back under the stroke width so that everything can move down and then I can be able to place my finger/apple pencil on the stroke cap,join, align area and that would allow me to scroll down. 

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi All,

I'm pleased to let you know we have now added a Line Width/Pressure Tool and improved stroke/curve drawing and closing to Affinity Designer - available now in the 2.5 beta...

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2