You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1925 Renault 40CV Tourer

Gear maker

Thought you might like to see what I have been working on for the last month or so.  It's a 1925 Renault 40CV Tourer.  I actually don't care for the nose view of this car so I kept this view from the side, which I think has an elegant style.  

Only 1162 vector layers on this one. ;)  I've attached a couple areas that have been zoomed in on.

post-2932-0-63998000-1456188214_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-88113900-1456188257_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-60994700-1456188312_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do a 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Kellner Cabriolet next or a 1924 Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8A.  I love the style of both of these.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Stunning. You've probably heard this before but it does look like a CAD model. So realistic.

Great work.

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Bodo, this was all done in AD Draw persona.  Glad you like it.  The drawing is set up as 29" x 14" x 300 dpi.  I enjoy trying to add as much detail as I can find.  Unfortunately I don't have the actual car here, so I have to work from pictures from the internet and ones I have taken.  The hardest part is figuring out what shape, color and relative size each detail is supposed to be trying to put dozens of images together taken from different angles, distances and resolutions.

Thanks.

Mike

Sure, I understand your curiosity.  Here's one expanded just one level and another expanded completely.  I just try to do subassemblies.  A screw head will have 2 to maybe 10 or more layers, so it's made one group.  Then a bracket will have a few layers drawing it and maybe 4 screw head groups added, so that's another group.  I've also included a picture of my workspace.

So I see you undock your layers panel.  Where I undock the Characters and Paragraph panels.

Good blood on the knife.  Nice overall drawing, my type of book by the looks.  The victim knife.  Amazon runs Opfermesser together, Google Translate wants it two words.  Interesting.  I don't see it in english.

Mike

post-2932-0-46681300-1456357488_thumb.jpg post-2932-0-58315000-1456357486_thumb.png

post-2932-0-63230000-1456357481_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike, many thanks for the Pics. If there are so many Layers, it’s sometime difficult to maintain the overview.

Generally I undock color selection, protocol & swatches in the second (smaller) screen (macbook).

Book Cover: I think „sacrificial knife“ is a better translation :)

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de