You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 2 file can no longer be opened

Hi @hamish99

That's perfect, I'm keeping everything crossed right now... 🤞:)

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

@Hangman answering your questions 

1. I was having a little trouble with the copyright text, in that one moment it would be there and then a little later half of the pages it would be hidden, to fix it I would just reapply the template page and then it would be back again. I have no idea why that was happening.  

2. For your points 2,3 and 4 I was having issues with linked/overflow pages in that I would set it all up with the text flowing across all the pages, then I would come back and find all the text set on the final page and no longer linked.  

Hi @hamish99

Both those issues sound very strange and are certainly not something I've seen before or anything I experienced when rebuilding the file but I'm hoping the information will prove helpful to the development team.

Whether they are specifically related to the issue you experienced I'm unsure but the more information they have the better able they will be in determining what causes this particular issue with the file no longer opening citing it contains features from a newer version so thank you for that...

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

@Hangman I have success! The file has happily opened and appears to be working fine at the moment. 

Yes those glitches are nothing I've experienced before in Publisher until I started working in Publisher 2 with this file. 

Thank you once again so much for your help! 🙌 

And I will let you know if anything changes. 

Hi @hamish99

That's really good to hear, hopefully all will be good moving forward and at least you have the rebuilt version as a backup, just in case...