You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

adding multiple images to new canvas

Hello all,

I am new to AP/Mac after switching from PS/PC.   Here's my question-  I'm trying to compile multiple 4x6 images onto a new 13x19 blank canvas to print all at once. (cut apart later)  In PS, used to be able to drag & drop,  can't seem to find a way yet in AP.  First post, newbie with some PS experience.  thanks

More information on my question,   after dragging from finder, resizing via document resize, then developed,  I would like to be able to drag the resized file into the open blank 13x19 canvas.  Using the move tool, it won't drop in.  Just trying to save paper..

• Staff

Hi jwh216,

Copy the image/layer  (⌘ (cmd) + C) you developed and paste in the open blank canvas  (⌘ (cmd) + V).

You can only drag layers/images between separated documents in you are in Separated Mode (menu Window ▸ Separated Mode).

Hope i'm not missing something here...

Hi jwh216,

Copy the image/layer  (⌘ (cmd) + C) you developed and paste in the open blank canvas  (⌘ (cmd) + V).

You can only drag layers/images between separated documents in you are in Separated Mode (menu Window ▸ Separated Mode).

Hope i'm not missing something here...

Drag and drop has never worked for me in separated mode.

Hi Thorworx,

You have to drag the layer from the Layers panel (first document) and drop it anywhere on the canvas in the second document.

Isn't it working for you?

90% of the time this works for me.  Don't know what the reason it didn't work the other times.  Then I had to do a cmd C of the selected layers and a cmd V in the new document.  That always seems to work.

The drag and drop always places the copied document in the top left corner.  The cmd c and V places it in the center of my screen when I'm zoomed in, so I actually like the results better.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Thank you MEB!-  figured it out.  As mentioned above, I cannot drag and drop the layer from the layer panel to the new canvas, (viewing in separated mode,  thanks for that discovery!)  BUT, after selecting the move tool on the resized image, I can CUT and paste into the new canvas. (in separated mode) Perfect.  Just what I wanted to do.   Multiple sized images on a new canvas, print them all at once and cut apart later.  Done.